6/25/2004

Moral to the Story of the Grumpy VP and the Magenta Hair

There was a scramble and a hope yesterday that my hair would be professionally corrected before the "big" meeting this morning but it didn't happen. My friend C warned me that HER hairdresser warned her that using even a temporary brown rinse might, like, trash what was left of my hair follicles. So I did the only thing I could think of: I washed my hair. A lot. I washed it, kidlet washed it, I washed it some more. Those "washout in a month colors" have never lasted more than a week in my hair. It was my only hope and I clung to it like a woman posessed. I gave my hair a week's worth of washing in a day. It seemed, by midnight, that my hair looked less magenta and more coppery. It could have been eyeball fatigue, but I finally decided to stop stressing and let the whole thing cross over into the land of "it is what it is". I finished the presentation at 2:30AM. You think that's nuts? How's this: the vendors were working at the hotel when I sent out my last iteration of the status document and IM'd me with edits. (Show-offs.) When we met at the Marriot for breakfast at 7:30 this morning, we all had the shakes. But the point, yes, there is a point ... is that the hair looked FINE. No one commented, no circus music played as I walked into the room, birds did not dive bomb me in the parking lot, and eyebrows were not raised. The admin's gave me a squeal of support and then all went on as usual. Which is to say that grumpy VP put me in the hot seat and treated me like a teenager after curfew with my shirt on inside out and, oh, I forgot to wear anti-persperant so I had my elbows up the entire time like a lunatic chicken and yes, the equations in my Excel spreadsheet was so wrong that 3 vendors spent a good 20 minutes trying to fix it, saying "wow, how did you come up with THAT formula? I don't even think that can actually be called math" .. but all THAT I could handle. And the moral of the story? 1) Don't spit into the wind 2) Don't tug on Superman's cape 3) Don't pull the mask off the ol' Lone Ranger and 4) Don't color your hair within the week of a big meeting Relief in my purple jammy top ... no more on-site meetings for at least a week.(06/25/2004) Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Blogger Cyn said...

Lemon juice and lots of conditioner should get the red out :)

6:29 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thanks! I'll give it a try... I'm faded to almost orange now :)

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home