7/17/2004

Hello, Psychic Friends Network? I need a refund...

Well, you would of thought today would have sucked rocks but it turns out that the afternoon was actually the stuff of summer memories.   Bear, my kidlet, and I shucked the husband and teenaged house guest for a petting zoo set up as part of a fair at the local park. We saw baby sheep (aww) and baby goats (aww) and baby horsies (aww) and baby alligators (wtf?).  Yeah, turns out they let a freak plan the petting zoo.   No, bear, you can't pet the alligator. Bear, don't get so close.  It's a muzzle, it isn't hurting him. You can ask, but they aren't going to take it off. Because I said so. Get back here, OK?  Want to go see the duckies? Pretty duckies...   We met firefighters, police officers, and saw a miniature train that they had set up around a tree. Kidlet had a spiderman ice cream treat and then he played in the park with our neighbor boys. There was even a really cool breeze.   I turned to my neighbor and said "can you believe what a beautiful day it is?" and she squinted and looked at me and said "yeah, everything is gorgeous in this light. Hey, your hair looks good, too."   Did I mention that this is the neighbor whose salon turned my hair purple? OK, yeah. But all is forgiven because she gave me back my money and my hair is blonde again and our kids like each other. Even though her kid is a non-sharing whiner but you didn't hear that from me.   So we were feeling pretty good when it got time for bed tonight, me and bear. After dinner I had dug out some cups and funnels and water and let him have at it - pouring and measuring his little heart out while we watched some of his favorite anime. By 9PM, he was sleepily wiping up.   We were talking about nicknames, and about a friend of his calls his mommy "honey". I said - did you want to call me something different or do you want to call me mommy?   I want to call you mommy because you're my mommy, silly. And I'm your baby bear. Thank you for making water for me mommy.   You're welcome, bear.   Mommy? Did you like the zoo?   I liked the zoo. Did you like the zoo?   I liked the zoo and I liked the alligator. But you were scared.   I was anxious. That's different. I need to know that you are safe. I need to protect you from things, like alligators. It's my job.   Because you're my mommy.   Yes, because I'm your mommy. It's my absolutely favorite thing.   Me too.   And I thought today would be no sunshine. Bah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home