7/14/2004

Sometimes free is not so good

 Posted by Hello
I give my babysitter rides to and from my house. She's a 30 year-old Mexican woman who doesn't drive. She'd take a bus, if I wanted. But it's no big deal for me to chauffeur her around. I say bring it on. Tell me how to pander and I will pander like no one has pandered before. My brain is so freaking linear. Kidlet = most important responsibility and blessing life. Therefore those who tend to kidlet = insanely wonderous humans. If they are doing it for money, then they will do it for AMPLE money, honey. They will find their favorite drinks in my fridge and the air conditioning on "High". I treat people the way I would have them treat my child. So today was babysitter day on the roulette wheel that is my summer childcare schedule. We're driving home and kidlet, upon seeing the Dunkin Donuts near our house says "Mommy! I NEED a chocolate donut!" So I slow down, thinking about (after correcting his manners) getting him one because this is the first time he has called it a "donut" and not a "chocolate bagel" and I think that kind of higher thought process ought to be rewarded. But I'm undecided until I ask babysitter if she wants one, too and she quietly says she does. Smoothly executed a 90 degree turn across 2 lanes of traffic and into the drive-thru and made my order - food for them, decaf iced frappy thing for me. I'm not going to say I hit this DD a lot but they did greet me by name at the window. Then the guy starts handing over bags and trays - too much stuff but he only charged me for the original order. Sometimes he does do that. I've long suspected the guy in the window wants to marry me. Get home and realize that they added my regular order (decaf regular coffee, lo-fat muffin) to what I bought. Heh. Score. A couple of hours after that, I realize that the coffees? Not so much with the decaf. Boing. Boing. Boing. Babysitter looked me over as I was washing the same dishes over and over and said... "Next time, no more coffee. Maybe just juice for you." "It was free," I admit. "Oh. Sometimes free is not so good," She said. Yeah. Like I said. Only better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home