7/20/2004

I hate our new mortgage company

They sold our mortgage in January.   Bastards.   To some piddling company that calls us CONSTANTLY. We got screwed when we refinanced (cuz we are clearly too stupid to be handling our own finances) and we got screwed again when they sold our mortgage.   The new company will call us every 30 minutes on the 11th day of the month. Their late fees are twice what the old company's were. They start charging late fees on the 11th even though our old due date was the 10th. Their fees have fees. They have a line item in the bill for "Misc. or Fees" that you have to CALL them to get them to explain.   I'm pretty sure they are a storefront next to a nudie bar in Cincinnati.  They don't or won't change the amount of our escrow payment to accommodate the Homeowner's Exemption. They send us a monthly bill instead of a coupon book. The bill is ALWAYS WRONG. They do not take online payments.   If they get the check after 2PM, they don't "credit it to your account" until the next business day. No, wait... they don't credit it to your account until the next business day after the check CLEARS.   Even if it is a bank check.   They did not tell me any of this. They did not send me a plain language explanation. They sent me a tiny wallet-sized booklet in 4 point type. I've learned it the hard way over $700 in charges. Most of which I am appealing.    And let me remind you, their fees have fees.   They made our new bookkeeper cry.   They SUCK ROCKS AND PROBABLY PEBBLES TOO. (Insert dirty comment here. I know you want to.)   I hate hate hate hate hate our mortgage company. I am counting down the days until next spring, when we will be refinancing again in order to complete the rehab.    Until then, no one sell me a gun. Cuz some people just need shooting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Certified mail! Excellent!

Actually, I think that they're counting on these fees like cops count on the revenue from tickets. They are designed to get so much in fees for every how many homeowners.

Nothing else makes sense.

Hey - have you thought of running for the board or something? You'd make a great voice!

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home