8/12/2004

Sweet Home, Blog-abama

Honey? You don't sound so good. I've been stuck in rush hour traffic... Aww, Elizabeth, He commiserated For TWO HOURS! I moan. Did you know I was wearing two different earrings today? You left before I was up, he reminded me. Also? No more bare feet with these slides... I had to keep moving away from the guys in the meeting. The stink was heinous. They were beginning to take it personally. Although, I don't think that one guy would care. You know what he said to me after as we were driving into the office from his hotel? No - We passed a poor roadkill raccoon and he said 'I hit one of those last week; it wasn't flat yet, either'. I mean, ewww. How - Plus? He kept playing that sound clip on his laptop. The one from Jerry Maguire, it ends with "You had me at hello". It was beginning to creep me out. I mean, he's cool and everything ..and I guess iwth my stinky feet and black tongue, I'm no prize. But... Wait! How'd the meeting go? Awful. I'm surprised I still have a job. The Boss hated everything we showed him. I should have grown up to be a firefighter or ballerina. Oh, honey. Do you want me to pick up some fish & chips for you on the way home? Would you do that? I think it's going to take a lot to make me human again. And it did: 1 snerklebutt Bearchild, happy to see me and cuddly as kittens 1 cleaned house (sainted babysitter) 1 long, long hot shower 1 frisky and sweet husband 1 plate of almost British-tasting fish & chips (although, you need a proper chippy to get the chips right) 1 hot toddy (equal parts brandy,water,honey and dashes lemon and cloves. HOT) 8 comments from the coolest people in the blogisphere while I was locked in the on-site meetings 1 Lynyrd Skynrd tune, cranked It only gets better. Tomorrow I get to to sleep in and then troll for this week's funniest blog entries... Shh now, there's no place like...

5 Comments:

Blogger Kalisa said...

mmmm...fish & chips. They must've come from a local place, cause we can't get any that good here.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Beth Fish said...

Sounds like a lousy day - hope today is better.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Debra@Peaceabull said...

Heh. I hope the weekend shapes up better.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wore 2 different earrings this week, too!

Busy Mom
http://busymom.net

6:43 PM  
Blogger Rita said...

(giggling about the Lynard Skynard tune) I expected to hear that from MY blog, being in Atlanta, GA and all. My sympathies are with you - corporate mom here as well. Love your blog.

P.S. I call my 3 year old monkeybutt. Snerklebutt is cute, too!

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home