8/08/2004

Last night is the night I will remember you by*

You and I have memories longer than that road that stretches out ahead

Two of us wearing raincoats standing solo in the sun You and me chasing paper getting nowhere on our way back home We're on our way back home We're on our way home We're going home

Two Of Us from "Let it Be", 1970 The Beatles

If you were to make the soundtrack of your life, what songs would you choose? What was the song playing during your first dance? What was the song on the radio when you had that last fight - sitting in the car, parked in the driveway? The first song at your wedding? The one you're listening to over and over, blasting from the stereo? For me, any soundtrack would have to include the Beatles. It's funny, but I didn't even like the Beatles until my mid-20's. Their music was just stalking me, until I gave in and learned to appreciate them. And, eventually, love them. My husband was working on the infamous pergola today. I set my system speakers in the window facing in the backyard, and created an auto playlist of Beatles tunes. And the next 2 hours were spent with wisps of the past stinging me as we worked. In a good way, as my husband would say. In a good way.

But of all these friends and lovers There is no one compares with you And these memories lose their meaning When I think of love as something new Though I know I'll never lose affection For people and things that went before I know I'll often stop and think about them In my life, I love you more

In My Life from "Rubber Soul", 1965 The Beatles

* from The Night Before by The Beatles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home