8/05/2004

You can see how it would happen, right?

Well, it's official. My husband is the most understanding guy in the world. I called him from the car last night about 5 hours after I had thought I would be home. Hi, honey...? Where are you? On my way to a restaurant, I'm following the vendors over. What? You were supposed to be home at - ? Here's the thing. It was do or die today, so we just worked 8 hours straight. No food, no real breaks. And we have to decide a strategy. But - ? Here's the thing. They're the vendor. They want to discuss strategy while buying me a big steak, don't you think...? Sure, it's just -. I'm really sick. It's OK. Oh, honey, I am so sorry. This whole thing went wobbly pear-shaped, and - No, I understand. How did you - Here's the thing. You remember those underwear I had on? Uh.. no. Uh.. had? Well they were like made of rubber. Like a girdle. I swear. Uh...? And all day, well they were making me sick. We really need to do laundry. Making? Well, yeah. I had to get rid of them. I was unable to breathe. My legs were turning blue. You don't want me blue, do you? No, but ... does that mean? So, I just wanted to explain. Before I got home. Why I'm stampede, as it were... A few minute later my cell phone rings. It's my girlfriend from out of state. First words out of her mouth? Hi. Why are your underwear in your purse? You can see how it would happen, right? Right? Yeah, I thought so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home