8/03/2004

The old apartment

Broke into the old apartment This is where we used to live Broken glass, broke and hungry Broken hearts and broken bones This is where we used to live - Barenaked Ladies
This is my old apartment. Third floor (walkup) on the left. Drove past it the other day. Other than new windows, it is exactly the same. - This is where my other cat fell out of the window and died - This is where a marriage ended - This is where I lived alone - This is where I started smoking again - This is where my brother and I parted ways - This is where I painted the walls blue and green - This is where I slept on the floor, with no furniture - This is where I slept with my friend and crossed the line - This is where I acted obnoxiously mature - This is where my faith came under challenge - This is where my neighbors introduced me to jasmine rice - This is where I discovered Bonnie Raitt and Stevie Ray Vaughn - This is where he came to,looking for a warm welcome - This is where we started traditions - This is where I left the ghosts of Christmas past - This is where we had all those parties - This is where I left, when it was time to move on

1 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Excellent! I love that song and I loved this post!!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home