7/30/2004

5 Reasons To....

Remember the Friday Five? It went down in May, and I admit - I've missed it. Not only did it put a nice structure around the week's end but it was a cheery blast floating around looking at everyone's answers. I love me some structure.

(Note: I'm clearly not the most original of women. In fact, I'm downright derivative. So someone else certainly must have come up with this idea first. If you know who, will you PLEASE comment or email me so I can give proper credit and slobber where it is due? Thanks!)

So without further ado - 5 reasons I am am thankful today is Friday.

1) Giddy bloggers at the end of a long week who write posts that make me laugh Diet Coke out my nose. Especially: Jay's son's "Heinie of Doom"; Silly Old Bear's Tie Dyed Poodle, and Helen's tarty conversations ("I think I have the encephalitic lethargia" "Right. No more medical documentaries for you"). And you haven't lived until you've seen a preschooler bouncing around to the TGIF "Peanut Butter Jelly" song from Kalisah's site.

2) My son, loudly singing along with "Send lawyers, guns, and money!" from one of my mixed CD's as we negotiated traffic home, excited that it was "Mommy & Bear" time.

3) Today, Kerry is officially the "Democratic Nominee for President". Hurrah.

4) It's a payday.

Sure, I'm at that grown-up point in life that "payday" no longer has the zing-zang-whoopee feel that it did once upon a time. But Monica (our family bookkeeper) told me we're not as tight as we thought - just in time to hit the farmer's market tomorrow morning! So there's a little sizzle of zing.

5) We're all healthy and have nothing planned for the weekend. That's like the UNICORN of summer weekends. Unstructured, with a great weekend weather forecast! So you know what I'm thinking, right? 2 words: Nude. Motorcycling.

So, what about you?

2 Comments:

Blogger Silly Old Bear said...

Nude motorcycling? I am so there. In fact, that's about the only way I'll willingly get close to a dentist.

Er, female dentist, I should say.

Thanks for the shout on the poodle, that is wrong on so many levels. I have a black lab, and she is about as easy going as a dog gets, but I think even she would gnaw off a random limb while I slept if I did that to her.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

ROFL, ROFL, ROFL and maybe peeing myself a little

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home