8/13/2004

T.G.I.F.

Without any ado, 5 who seriously brought the funny this week:
  1. Not Donna Reed at American Mom, in a post about a toddler using all the facilities bathroom at the same time. Excerpt: I giddily recalled how my husband's grandfather, who served in WWII, said that, if you're ever stuck in the desert, you can drink your own pee. I thought, If you can drink it, surely there's no need to freak out about it being all over the floor.
  2. Melissa at Suburban Bliss, in a post about how the newest hurricane is rightly named... after her mother. Excerpt: On the other hand, if this tropical storm is anything like it's namesake, it will not have a clue how to operate 'Call Waiting'. So if Bonnie gets a little overly enthusiastic, two people just need to call the storm on it's cell phone.
  3. akeeyu at herveryown, in a post about why Koko the Gorilla is an honorary member of the Barren Bitches Brigade. Excerpt: The most significant qualification, of course, is the fact that she recently complained of a toothache and ended up getting a pelvic exam.
  4. Kim at Catawampus, in a post about Jay breaking his ass. Excerpt: Jax and I stood stunned, not sure whether it was okay to burst out laughing yet. Finally, Jay eased himself up, grabbed his ass and moaned, "I think I broke my ass!"
  5. Kira at Kiwords, in a post about the various antics of her kids one day. Excerpt: I could hear him muttering to himself as he struggled to pull down his shorts. She NOT come in wif me. She stay OUT DERE oh, man! Now ah got pee on my foot.
  • A "Hey, wow" mention in the category of "Beautiful words" - Allison at WomanChild/Journal, in a post about two strangers, kissing in the rain. Excerpt: Her skirt was green and soaking wet and sticking to her legs. Everyone waiting for the light to turn was not watching the light or the traffic or the pouring rain. Everyone was watching this couple sitting on a bench kissing in the pouring rain.
  • A "Hey, wow" mention in the category of "Compelling personal story" - Angela at aMusings From the Express Lane, in a post about her history with her mother. Excerpt: Her idea of getting back at one of the people who hurt me, for instance, was to steal his dead wife's wedding rings. Thanks, Mom. I feel healed with all the justice.
  • A "Hey, wow" mention in the category of "Paid to Bring the Funny" - Zach Braff from his Garden State blog, in a post responding to his reader's comments. Excerpt: But if I began to write to everyone individually, I'd never have time to wash myself. It's not that I fear that we'll get close, have an affair and then you'll freak out and boil my rabbit on the stove.

1 Comments:

Blogger AGK said...

Hey, thanks for the Wow mention :)

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home